Content Writer - EmpowerKit
Position title: Empowerkit Content Writer
Reports to: Content Writer Team Leader
Purpose: Write blog articles for our customers
- Creating relevant content with actionable advice for a diverse group of clients, to be posted on their blogs.
- Learning about the clients and their businesses to find suitable topics for their individual audiences and needs.
- Researching a wide variety topics and gaining enough mastery over them to write about them.
- Proofreading content to ensure it's appropriate, well-researched, and well-written.
- Impeccable written English skills.
- The ability to produce a large number of posts each month.
- Creativity to constantly come up with new topics to write about.
- The ability to research topics thoroughly.
- Adapting texts to fit different clients and their voices.
- Self-discipline and independence.
What is our way of working?
You're assigned a number of clients and you need to write 1 post for each of them every month (the length will depend on the client and the type of post they paid for). The clients will always be the same and it's up to you to learn more about each client and come up with topics for their posts (following certain guidelines).
How is a typical day?
You have your set clients that you need to write for every month. When and where you work on their posts is entirely your decision, as long as they're all done by a certain date and meet the established requirements.
How is the work process, from idea to final product?
You have your list of clients. You research each one and choose a topic to write about for each. Then, you produce their posts. Afterwards, there's a proofreading process. Finally, the posts are published to the clients' websites.
Can I contribute with my own style and knowledge?
Every member of the writing team is welcome to make suggestions on how we can improve our way of working, our writing style, the topics we write about, and more.
What is the goal of the department?
To engage readers with the content in the clients' blogs and to improve the clients' ranking in the search pages.
Which metrics do we use to guide the department?
You should complete all of your monthly posts. Said posts should be appropriate for the client, well-researched and well-written.
Get to know your Team Lead
Communications major living in Guadalajara, Mexico. Been working in content marketing for over 6 years now. Also, I love dancing and eating good food (i.e., not Vegemite - sorry).